The one stop shop for all your bicycling needs
There are many varieties of commuter cyclists from fair weather riders to hard core bike activists. Some people have expensive gear and outfits and others prefer an old three-speed and casual everyday wear.
You can choose your own cycling style, but whatever you choose, bicycling is an excellent choice for the environment, your health and your cash flow.
The following resources can help you get started.
Interested in riding your bike more or commuting to work on two wheels but not sure how to get started? This is the guide for you.
- First Time Riders Guide: Get valuable tips on how to confidently navigate the roads, prepare for your ride, plan your bike route, and arrive at your destination safely while enjoying the many benefits of biking.
- Bicycle Benefits: Learn how you can get exclusive discounts and deals at partnering businesses through this nationwide program.
- Bicycle Parking: Get information on bike racks, plus learn how to register your bike on Bike Index and how to rent a bike locker at a transit center.
- Bicycle Safety: Familiarize yourself with safe bicycling practices, how drivers can help keep bicyclists safe, learn about laws that pertain to cyclists and drivers, and find low-cost helmets.
Find your next community bike ride.
- Velofemmes: Tacoma women, having fun, riding bikes.
- Kidical Mass Tacoma: Group family rides, hangouts, and events across Pierce County.
- 2nd Cycle: A nonprofit making bicycling accessible and a part of everyday life for all.
- Tacoma WA Bicycle Club: A bicycle club in Tacoma organizing social, recreational, and educational bicycling events.
- Tacoma Tuesday Night Rides: A social group that gathers on Tuesday nights to cycle around Tacoma. Sometimes they enjoy a social gathering post-ride!
- Cascade Bicycle Club Free Group Rides: A biking community offering beginner classes, trainings, programs and community rides.
- Bicycle Maps & Routes: Access downloadable maps and bike routes submitted by other users.
- Bikes on Buses: Learn how to combine your bike trip with a bus ride.
- Bike Resources: A growing list of resources needed to ride your bike in Pierce County all in one place.
- Lost or Stolen Bicycles: Find out what to do and who to contact in case of a bicycle theft as well as how to increase chances of recovery before your bike is stolen.
- Road & Trail Maintenance: Use these numbers to report maintenance issues on city or country roads or trails.